Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

30 Second Delay



Ok, 24 hours. But I don't subscribe to that typical "oh my god, the Oscars!" mentality. Nonetheless, here goes.





I found it most jarring that SJP, the new chief creative officer of Halston Heritage, wasn't wearing at least vintage Halston. What a vote of confidence there. And it's not like she sacrificed her own brand for a better option. oy.



















Mo'nique was repping Baltimore with this Billie Holiday homage. She can say it was for Hattie McDonald, but I know a Billie gardenia look when I sees one. Go Mo and Go B-MO!






Molly Ringwald, a key part of my youth, looked fantastic with this sharp red bang and genius purple Todd Thomas dress. I hope she's in the Clash of the Titans remake (and I mean that in the best way).


























This Vera chick looked like her Marchesa dress was made up of those pointless frilly cups that are in a bag of Pepperidge Farm cookies. Now I want a Milano, thanks a lot "Orphan" mother!






















Sherri Sheperd, the luckiest person ever to have a job in a bad economy, made my favorite comment of the night when she said Taylor Laughtner is "the most famous werewolf in cinema history".
















Oooh, spin Lon Chaney Jr., spin!

















And Meryl Streep wins the evening in my book for most MODERN take on Oscar appropriate. Not only is the design a much fresher take on the usual over the top, too long, cheesy prom dress option, but the crisp white and the sharp tailoring are the work of Project Runway allum Chris March! I love Meryl Streep, but how is this veteran actress the most forward thinking at an Oscars flooded with pre-teens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!