Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oh Darling



It's a rainy weekend and if I didn't have to do my taxes today I think I'd have an all day movie fest. Luckily I already squeaked in this morning this lovely number I had on the DVR.










In 'Jupiter's Darling' history goes out the window in favor of a campy mess with Esther Williams defecting from Roman general Fabius Maximus to Hannibal after she teaches him how to swim. I mean teaching a man that is hellbent on destroying my hometown how to doggy paddle gets me every time.











Throw in some forgettable songs performed by a burly white man playing Hannibal, over the top synchronized swimming with classical statues and rainbow painted elephants and -SWOON-
























Add this movie mess to your Netflix queue. It's the best comedy I've seen in a minute.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful dose of Esther, darling! xol

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!