Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Takin' it to the Street

If you're looking for something to do this weekend I highly recommend the Hester Street Fair.

My friend Miss LG introduced me to this great little Lower East Side market filled with vintage clothing, antique and handmade jewelry, homemade macarons, upcycled  housewares and a misting booth to cool down after all that shopping (and maybe an impromptu ping-pong match at the center court?)



radiant salad or Cookie Crisp bowls upcycled from old records




my new friend, George Yzquierdo's jewelry collection is unrivaled. So many goodies, but I fell hardest for these Kenneth Jay Lane pieces. I want that dangly frog brooch!



and I spotted this horse pin for Mr Taurus







I wussed out and dodged the Thai Chili, opting instead for the yummers Red Velvet and Honey Butter Cream, a new flavor they were experimenting with that I couldn't stop raving over. Delish!




(Hester Street Fair, Thru December: Saturday and Sunday 10am-6pm, rain or shine, corner of Hester Street and Essex, http://www.hesterstreetfair.com/)

3 comments:

  1. Mac try and get that recipet for the topping for th ered velvet I want that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, our Jewels look so well in your pics...I am posting this to Facebook now! XXO
    George Yzquierdo

    ReplyDelete
  3. George, the jewels ARE gorgeous! I just snapped the pic.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!