Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Book Club All Star: 1984


When asked 1984 is always my favorite book. But since I haven't read it in awhile, a well-worn copy has once again recaptured my attention. I can't get over how a work of fiction I was forced to read in high school actually has merit still and is rich with entertainment value as well as common conversational reference. Can one say that about The Most Dangerous Game?

Granted the concepts of being a number, social stratification, "playing the game" and working to death for a system I don't understand is even more relevant to the older version of me reading it now. 

Congrats, 1984, you continue to hold the gold medal in my Book Club Olympics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!