Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's a Gift: Vera Neumann Book

It's that time of year again: coffee table book time! 





Now maybe I don't really have the room in my tiny two bedroom Chinatown apartment for yet another large picture book, but I could make the room for Vera



(Vera painted or drew every print used in her company. How cute is this?)



"Vera: The Art and Life of an Icon"  is a bit of a stagy title, but inside the tale of one Vera Neumann and her amazing line of color and print saturated scarves unfolds. I own a few of her pieces in my large, "I might have a problem" scarf collection




(me rockin' out in one of my many Vera scarves)




 I love them. So fun and POP




(Look at these prints. You can't deny Vera!)








(I love how she interpreted her finds in her travels into chic prints for her clients)








Anywho this book is both a visual collection as well as a chronicle of her very successful business plan to cultivate a lifestyle brand and translate trends to a mass audience. Sound familiar? Want this!


(Vera: The Art and Life of an Icon, $23 @ Amazon.com, http://www.amazon.com)

1 comment:

  1. REALLY wonderful! I'm a big fan of Vera's as well, and I agree, love the pic of her painting her patterns, with the little dog at her table. So sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!