Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'd Die Before I'd Steal a Design




Yesterday Rachel Zoe previewed her first namesake collection for editors and bloggers (my invite was lost in the mail) and Women's Wear Daily reported that she'd like it to appear in department stores along with contemporary lines like Diane Von Furstenberg, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang





But in no time flat the blogging community turned on her and is now all atwitter with this Tweet from Jane Keltner de Valle, Teen Vogue's Fashion News Director








Oooh, it appears Ms Zoe has been directly "inspired" by a vintage piece she styled for an October 2007 Teen Vogue article




Oh shock of the day! A designer is scouring the city for vintage designs to pass off as their own? NEVER! Why is the fashion industry acting like this is a HUGE revelation. Having worked vintage for so many years I cannot tell you the list of designers I've watched drape a vintage Alaia on a store dress form right in front of me






And you know what, if Rachel wants to take her place along fellow fashion designers, I'd say she's already succeeded

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!