Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Monday, February 7, 2011

James Blake - Limit To Your Love




Geez, at first I was like "oh no creepy old James Blunt's got a new album?!" but then I noticed the last name again and that I liked the song and that it wasn't a treacly Hallmark card to win women over.

This is a cover; the original by Feist I find too airy and sweet sounding. The words and the syncopation go better with a dry male vocal that implies with its restrained performance a limit indeed to how far he'll go for a lover with stunted capabilities to care. There's something inherently male about coolly recognizing a lover's limits and agreeing to it with no additional investment.

As for James Blake, he's a nerdy white boy from England who highlights in the video his enjoyment of science, electronics, robots, handstands and the emotionally unavailable.

Yeah, I can get behind that.

James' debut drops today in England and is available as a digital download. So dig it and love it to the limit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!