Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Friday, February 18, 2011

While You Were Out...

Enjoying the preview Spring weather, Mr. Porter, the men's version of Net-A-Porter quietly opened for business to its "Founding Members" today




















The store doesn't go "live" to the general public until Tuesday. I just took a stroll and the sneak peek is full of goodies






I fell in love with this Viktor and Rolf sweater when I saw it on the Spring 2011 Menswear runway

(Viktor and Rolf cotton crew neck sweater, $365 at Mr. Porter, http://www.mrporter.com/product/300665)








A tiny galaxy of stars covers this Paul Smith wonder

(Paul Smith cotton star print shirt, $320 at Mr. Porter, http://www.mrporter.com/product/300247)







Lanvin's got my number with a silk carnatioboutonnière pin. Need!

(Lanvin silk flower buttonhole pin, $155 at Mr. Porter, http://www.mrporter.com/product/300383)




But what I love about Mr. Porter more than anything is all the editorial. It's overflowing with facts, tidbits and take away






Style guides including tips for a man's wardrobe and everyday dressing and timeless style icons like Marcello Mastroianni, Mick Jagger, Steve McQueen, Cristobal Balenciaga amongst others



(Marcello Mastroianni)


(Mick Jagger rockin' a very Mackie look)


(Cristobal Balenciaga)



Plus Esquire in its swinging 60's heyday like tips for being a Modern Man






There's even a whole style dictionary




(I didn't know this type of shoe is called a "Monk Strap")




And a pretty smart Q+A style advice from an assortment of fashionable fellas like Jefferson Hack, Pharrell, T Magazine Fashion Director, Bruce Pask, InStyle Editor, Ariel Foxman, etc.




With many more designers "coming soon" including Junya Watanabe, Band of Outsiders and Raf Simons, the future looks very bright indeed for Mr. Porter. I'm glad I could be here for the founding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!