Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here I thought I was the Crankiest Old Queen Today



As I hobble off to work, but Christian Louboutin sure went on a bender of bitchiness when writer Lauren Collins interviewed him for The New Yorker. The French shoe designer with the ubiquitous red soles' "spirited" quotes on comfy, soft and long shoes make him seem like the cattiest Goldilocks I've heard in awhile


“One thing I detest, I have to say, is when a shoe is too soft, and it’s molding to the foot,” Louboutin said. “This is quite disgusting. And I really, really hate incredibly long shoes, where the last is very pointy, almost like Aladdin.”



And the Peewee's Playhouse word of the day to set Mr Louboutin off? Comfortable



“I hate the whole concept of the clog!” Louboutin said. “It’s fake, it’s ugly, and it’s not even comfortable!” He continued, “And I hate the whole concept of comfort! It’s like when people say, ‘Well, we’re not really in love, but we’re in a comfortable relationship.’



Nasty put some clothes on! Look I'm not a fan of this comfort over style concept either, but daddy you sound like you got some anger issues. Careful, my friend don't go gettin' all Galliano on us!



Original Article: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/03/28/110328fa_fact_collins

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!