Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Friday, March 11, 2011

It Can't All Be DIOR... Still































In the wake of Galliano-Gate, people keep asking me if I'm going to change the name of my blog ("I guess it can't all be Chanel, now, huh?") but like Tammy Wynette I'm gonna stand by my man.

Monsieur Dior, that is





Afterall, the house is named for the great couturier who changed fashion and emphasized shape and an hourglass silhouette









Dior was interested in the beauty and femininity of women creating "flower women" with his radical use of yards of rich, decadent fabric and sharp, wasp waists, both were in stark contrast to the austere ideas of the time and shocked people at first






Legendary eye for design talent, Carmel Snow was an early champion of the "New Look", a term she coined and used to promote his designs to Harper's Bazaar readers




.


So while John Galliano's words may have been Pure Poison, and I may be in a Dune all my own, J'adore Dior and am still an Addict for that Dior-essence. Forever and Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!