Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Shorts List





It's blazin' hot in the city and all thoughts turn to nudity. Since that's not the fine I'm looking for, let's discuss some shorts options.

Now I have the funnest red French Connection joints from 2 years back that will be making their way out my closet today, but here's some Summer 2011 offerings for boys and girls.




1. Phillip Lim cotton blend beige shorts with caramel leather wrap belt, $155 on sale at mytheresa.com

Like that signature Reed Krakoff bag I lust for from afar, these shorts feel inspired by the tapes of a boxer's hands. There's also a touch of Lauren Hutton safari city chic. A grey thin tank and those ubiquitous feather earrings are all you need.





2. Men's Kitsune 100% cotton shorts with back pocket detail, $85 on sale at Yoox.com


Well I guess the disclaimer is moot here: I wear short shorts. The European cut a la "The Talented Mr. Ripley" is my preferred style. When my shorts head towards Bermuda, I cuff 'em or roll 'em.

Beware of boy flesh coming your way!

Oh and I love the back pocket detail here








3.BCBGenertaion foldover shorts, $26.39 at Lord & Taylor, lordantaylor.com


Well obviously you gotta be young and thin to pull these off, but if you're not then what are you doin' in the juniors department anyway, honey? The folding at the waist band is the interest and the hurdle in this flirty pair. And kudos to the stylist here: a vest is a nice menswear play on these, but don't even consider those cutesy bobby socks. Eek.





4. Men's 100% cotton Crew Clothing Co. gingham short, £55 at John Lewis, johnlewis.com


Gingham is spot on for Summer 2011 and these look comfy and totally roll-able (see above men's listing). I have so many printed dress shirts that need a highly contrasting patterned short. Perhaps I need to lay down the old credit card for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!