Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Friday, October 21, 2011

Rihanna's 90's Redux

Everything about Rihanna's new single "We Found Love" from the Haddaway-esque title to the acid house repetition reminds me of my 90's wasted youth stealing away into warehouses to dance til the wee hours despite homeroom looming just 2 hours after.

Now the video's here and surprise, surprise Miss Fenty has cobbled together a diverse collage of iconic 90's movie imagery:



               


After a meta-serious voice-over from model Agyness Deyn, a tragic narrative unfolds of two wiry and impossibly beautiful youths flip-flopping between stylistic moping and hoodlum-lite activities like riding around in shopping carts knocking things off the grocery shelves while self-destructing in a sea of bleached hair, shared baths, drug-shot eyes and other mindless mischief that could be easily solved by full time employment.


The funny thing? I like it (Love her look in the car storm off scene! Doin' it!). But then I am firmly on team Rhi-Rhi and my Scottish producer boyfriend Calvin Harris can do no wrong. Purr...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!