Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Going for the Gold (Beauty Trend)

Featured in VOGUE's December issue was a "Oh silly rich people" suggestion of gilding your face for holiday parties. Seriously






The one page real estate harkens to the confidence VOGUE has in this trend blowing up, yet Bloomingdale's took it to heart, slathering their Soho mannequins in a facial gold rush





































And Broadway between Broome and Spring Street must have a magazine share program, because a mere block away our Brit friends at Topshop applied goldleaf to the MALE mannequins too. Who says you just guild the 'Lily', when Luke and Larry can sport a metallic mug too










Meanwhile, I say until they go all Jill Masterson, I'm gonna give this emerging beauty trend the golden ticket. I can't wait to see ladies (and lads!) at cocktail parties radiating with those golden complexions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!