Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Cindy Birdsong!

Man, there have been some 60's singing icons this week!


(Mary in the center cuts eyes while Cindy looks on and Diana.... does Diana)


Supreme and Flo replacement, Cindy Birdsong swooped onto the stage and into our hearts after Flo was unceremoniously fired in 1967. She had come from a successful run in Patti LaBelle and the Blue Belles (and some fill in moments for Ballard who struggled with alcoholism, amongst other issues) and was thrust into a tense moment in Supreme history. Diana was planning her exit and Mary had been pushed to the back and completely left off all official recordings. Dang!


I could go on, but for now, you, Miss Birdsong, are my excuse for poppin' a bottle o bubbly tonite!

Xo

It Can't All Be Dior

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!