Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Bright Lights" Offers Up a British Two-For


"Minogue on my list / I ain't talkin' 'bout Kylie "



I think by now it's no secret I'm a British pop fiend. Ever since my sister introduced me to Depeche Mode as a kid, I've kept my eyes and ears on the other side of the pond. 

Pixie Lott is one of those straight up Euro additions to my pop portfolio I keep tucked away. I fell for her in 2009 with that "Uh-Oh, Uh-Oh" chorus to 'Momma Do' and right through her ballad wailer of 'Cry Me Out' and then, like too many before her she went silent. 

Well she's back. She's kinda been back since her sophomore album, Young Foolish Happy dropped to commercial and critical success in her native England in November, but now the push is on for the rest of the world (ie: America)


Teaming up with British rapper Tinchy Stryder for this little rap/pop nugget, 'Bright Lights'





"Tell Cheryl Cole and Rihanna that I love them"










Look a cockney rapper with a sweet little girl hook never fails to grab me, but this ain't gonna be the crossover to the U.S. they're hoping.


Just ask Cheryl Cole.



                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!