Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What am I Gonna do With All These Breasts?

The Fall 2012 men's shows heralded a bunch of new directions for us guys these past few weeks, but one that was featured more than a handful of times was an emphasis on double breasted looks



Loose and layered at Raf Simons



Of course references had to be made to the English dandies that nursed this style



                   Burberry Prorsum


                                                                                          Moschino





But there were reinventions specific to 2012 like this single button row at Paul Smith






And clever double breasted inclusions in unexpected places


Like grand desert war influenced capes at Dior


 Drape front double breasted shirting at Dries Van Noten



And Napoleonic but slim cut bike influenced plush velvet vests at Balmain



Double breasted styles are not for everyone. Unless deliberately oversize like the Dior and Raf examples,  Skinny! is the operative word. 

I have a glen plaid double breasted coat I've been wearing for a while that falls beautifully in trend (I love when that happens) although I wonder how many men will cop a feel for double breasted fashions. It's not an easy style to implant without looking like a boob. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!