Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How McQueen Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the 'Bomb'

McQueen's ruffle-tastic bouquet of Mongolian lamb and ostrich feathers set off my hay fever flashbacks, but I also noticed this flare up of a dress




Blast, if that doesn't resemble my favorite Dutch designers, Viktor & Rolf's floral detonation, Flowerbomb





Down to the seal and metal topper. 

True, it's not the first time a designer found inspiration in a flacon, but this strikes me as a pretty explosive cross-pollination, non? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!