Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Last Nite's Party: The Oracle of A-Delphi Street

Last nite my co-worker Mr J Fingers had a book party in Brooklyn (see kids, some people still put pen to paper!)

Fueled by the mighty fire of free cheese and overpriced IPA's, I started doing my best Diana Ross (as I am wont to do) sing along with the "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" blaring overhead


                  


Little did I know my impromptu karaoke would be the siren song for my new best friend, Kebra with a 'K', or as we coined her, "The Oracle of Adelphi Street"

She joined in for a few rousing rounds of singing at the top of our lungs taking the Marvin Gaye 'Mountain' spot followed by "To Be Real" and "Staying Alive". All the disco greats!

Exhausted, we took a break, which led to her unleashing her real skill: reading. No, not skimming of the book raison d'ĂȘtre , but rather judgement and scorn.

She informed me and my fellow in a relationship status that we need to get rings already and slapped the office hipster gal with a "dump yo man, come to the city".

While her voice was crystalline, her advice was fractured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!