Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Friday, April 6, 2012

What I Gave Up for Lent

Sloth. It's my favorite deadly sin. Or at least it would be if I could get up off my ass to revel in it





For Lent, however, I've been trying to shake the shackles of sloth, but, ugh... that takes so much effort.

I mean, I guess I succeeded in moving and refurnishing a whole new home in a matter of days, but then I remind myself that I hired professional movers and have an interior merchandiser for a partner so it couldn't have been that hard.

Oh wait, there's my old frenemy and slyly hiding in plain view! See, it's incredibly slack of me to be critical of my accomplishments. The lazy approach is to harp and carp at the the minor wobbles (or perceived ones) rather than the big success. Standing up to my inner pundit is too laborious, so I default to "well yeah, but...".

And here I thought I was just giving up being glued to my writing desk ( ok, TV) all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!