Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

This weekend I Grew Up... A Little




Mr Taurus is always teasing me for keeping my friends close, but the real me even closer. I supposedly don't open up much and show beyond the surface. This weekend in Maryland, however, I celebrated Mother's Day not only with my momma but an old friend of mine who's also a mom of all of four weeks.

I was impressed with her ambidextrous handling of her newborn daughter and our conversation. Here's a gal I've shared more than my share of drinks and then drinks related "stories for the grandchildren" working on crafting that family before my very eyes without missing  a beat discussing our futures and our hopes. It was indeed a breath of fresh air.

Our friendship, much like the lives we've constructed iindependently and far away from our once home base, has evolved and we're both richer for it.


Perhaps I should listen to more things my boyfriend says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!