Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Song of Summer 2012: My Predictions

Summer has just begun (and based on the little jacket I'm wearing today, is already on vacation) but it's never too early to try to guess what folks will be shimmying to on rooftops and barbecues alike all season long



1. Drake and Rihanna "Take Care"


Slow boiling languid songs are built for Summer laziness, cookouts and convertibles (see: last year's Song of Summer Kelly Rowland "Motivation")







2. Goyte "Somebody That I Used to Know"


I'll be honest, I don't get the appeal of this lesbian coffee shop, hippie jam. Ugh, but it be everywhere.






3. The Wanted "Glad You Came"


Boy bands are back? Well, they never really left the world of British music so no surprise this Brit band is on the scene, but boy if they aren't making a real go of it here in the states.







4. Carly Rae Jespen "Call Me Maybe"


Poppy, addictive little ear worm perfect for gettin' your wiggles out. Just ask Rebecca Minkoff, Hilary Rhoda and Man Repeller who cast their Song of Summer vote with this cheeky little getting ready for the CFDA Awards vid






(Umm.... Hilary Rhoda be real good lip syncer!)


What's y'alls thoughts? What will the song of Summer 2012 be???

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!