Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hedi Does Saint Laurent Drag

First off ignore the hats. Everyone found them distracting....


But the 'monumnetal' premiere collection Hedi Slimane designed for Saint Laurent seems, well, more like a thesis on well worn YSL motifs


All the tried and true tropes (Verushcka safari jackets: Check; Betty Catroux: Check; Le Smoking: Check) were there minus some ornate Ballet Russe details and models of color (Seriously: 
M. Saint Laurent loved a model of color and with this topic still hotly debated this was a huge miss for Slimane) 




I'm not saying the collection isn't salable and that Slimane's signature aspiration slim fit wasn't present, I'm just sayin' it ain't re-inventing the wheel. 

And that was a lot of hype for an homage.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!