Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

While I was in Baltimore....

This happened....



Michelle Obama wore a Thom Browne coat to the inauguration and shut it the F down! 

(Stride of Pride)


Choosing a designer most widely known for his menswear and the reinvention of men's suiting proportion (don't believe me, check out the Fall 2013 men's lines in Milan and Paris. It's all about the Thom Browne-esque cropped pant and fit) is a bold fashion leap. This coat says "authority, risk taker, structure and strength." LOVE LOVE LOVE 



The accessories were perfect pops of feminine contrast and I liked how the slim raspberry leather gloves shout back to Sasha and Malia's coats. Perfection, Shelly. 


However, not everything was sartorial bliss. The Spring 2013 Haute Couture shows started in Paris this weekend and THIS happened: 




Look I know this is gonna be a controversial stance since the rest of the fashion press seems to have drank the Kool-Aid or is too frightened to challenge the favorite son of LVMH's Bernard Arnault, but this is BAD



Why must Raf Simons take my beloved Dior and make it look like 90's polyester nite out looks from the Deb? 



Oh god, tonal stockings, really?????

and sheer netting right at your junk, that's what upper crust couture clients want, right? 

Raf, get it right, please! This 'New Look' is making M. Dior spin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!