Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Summer Soundtrack: Belle & Sebastian























Ok, I'll admit I have been hooked by the omnipresent disco 2000 sounds of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" and the H+M ready soundtrack of Selena Gomez's "Come and Get It" (the former being banned from my office as it is the earworm of the century, darlin'!), but when I get home from a long Summer day of describing stretch jersey dresses and rubbing elbows with the girls who wear them on the crowded R train, I run for the soothing sounds of Belle & Sebastian. Their best work, in my opinion, is the opus known as "The Boy with the Arab Strap" 



The titular track reminds me of younger times dancing in a crowd of friends on The Ottobar stage (here's looking at you J) but each song somehow melds that twee vibe with soft Summer swaying without being cloying. How'd they do that??? Normally I am not a fan of that whispy white girl voice floating in the background that B+S have since begot, but this album really did still bring in the fun. It wasn't dippy. It was Summery. And years later, it still is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!