Search This Blog

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow It Cant All Be Dior

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Peter Jensen's Spring 2014 Collection is a Study on Andy Warhol

British designer showed his men's spring 2014 and women's resort 214 simultaneous in London and took advantage of this tandem project to play up Andy Warhol and his famous gaggle of gals from The Factory 



Andy was deviously intrigued by people. He always was fascinated with finding out what made these madcap people around him unique and then siphoning it out of them...
"I always run into strong women who are looking for weak men to dominate them"






He was an avid social critic who loved to document every moment and felt far more comfortable as the artist than the subject of scrutiny... 
I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They’re beautiful. Everybody’s plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.






He was crazy shy and insecure...
I just do art because I’m ugly and there’s nothing else for me to do.






He embraced commercial products for both their simple design and commerce... 
An artist is somebody who produces things that people don’t need to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion writer who writes for Bluefly, EDGE Media, VIRAL Fashion, etc. I use "It Can't All Be Dior" as a safe release for my love of coats, cats and cake. Phew!